A680 External display always on during charging?

Anyone else w/ an A680 able to confirm this? My external display stays on
during charging. Other than being annoying, I'm wondering how good that is
for the life expectancy of the display....

My A620 external display also stays on, though at a reduced brightness.
Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to see the animated graphic of the
swelling battery. Also, it helps you to find the phone in the dark if
the house catches fire and you have to grab the phone and run in the
middle of the night.