A7000 Nighthawk Packet loss

Beshoy_2

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
Hello, so I think I have a problem here while gaming online with the Netgear A7000 Nighthawk Wifi adapter when gaming with it for the first time. So the problem is Packet Loss. I believe I have alot of packet loss while gaming but the ping is fine its in 50's but I keep teleporting and all of that which is not okay...was wondering if theres a solution for that? I have the latest firmware, I use Windows 10 and the wifi I'm connected to has full bars at 144 M bs

Solution
You can run a constant ping to your router ip while the came is running and see if you see packet loss.

144 means you are running 2 channel 802.11n but only at 20mhz. Generally this means you are running on the 2.4g.

If you actually have packet loss you have few options. You could try to change the radio channels in your router. You could also try the 5g band if your router supports it.

Packet loss when you have strong signal generally means you also have a strong source of interference nearby
You can run a constant ping to your router ip while the came is running and see if you see packet loss.

144 means you are running 2 channel 802.11n but only at 20mhz. Generally this means you are running on the 2.4g.

If you actually have packet loss you have few options. You could try to change the radio channels in your router. You could also try the 5g band if your router supports it.

Packet loss when you have strong signal generally means you also have a strong source of interference nearby

Solution