A7M266 users, Advice needed!

G

Good day to all,

I've just hooked up the system.

Symptoms
The mobo and cpu is working but it seems that the video card is not working. The monitor displays nothing.
Video card is Asus 7100 Geforce2 MX400.

Is there any jumper that I must check on the A7M266 mobo that may lead to this problem?

Also my cpu is 1GHz (266). The question is:
Should I use the jumper free mode or set the freq as follows:
Mult = 7.5x
Bus F. = 133MHz
Switch is 1,2,3=ON and 4=OFF on the user manual pg 23.

If I use the jumper free mode, should I set the VID1,2,3 & 4 settings or let it remain as default?

A7M266 users, please help me. Thanks.

evil_homer

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
Your a little vague on the actual problem at hand. You said that your monitor displays nothing. Are you getting any beeps from your motherboard on boot up? If you are then you should be able to look in the manual that came with you motherboard and find out what they mean. If your not getting any beeps or response on boot up, then your board might not be getting power. Check the ATX power connector on your board and the power supply.

Besides that I would check every conenction in the computer as well as all jumpers and or dip switches

p.c. load letter.....

G

Thanks evil_homer,

I have found the cause of the problem.
Originally there are no beeps sound and the symptoms are:
CPU fan working, Got Power, no video signal, no beeps.

That little devil causing the confusion is the ram. I have inserted it to the slot closest to the CPU (which I thought should be the right thing to do so)but the truth is it works when I switched it to the other ram slot. But I'm still facing some drivers problem which I'll post in the forum soon and seek the experts help. At present moment, A7M266 onboard sound chip combined with Creative FPS2000 speakers rocks and I can't stop enjoying the good sound quality. Luckily no sound card is needed and save some $$$.

Cheers to all :)