G

I have updated via drivers from the via site for the southbridge.
I have updated drivers for the northbridge (amd).
bios is current.

I have excessive mouse shaking in games.
I have changed mouses. Currently it is a logitech with current drivers(optic).
Tried MS optic--No improvement.
Tried a Ps/2 ---No improvement.

Mouse surface was the same surface I used on my old system that ran smooth as butter.

Here are some of my system specs.(current system)
Amd 1.333
A7m-266
ddr(pc2100) 512 megs
Ge-force-3 (asus)

---------------------/ I have went from win/2k to win/xp beta-2 to win/me--problem still present.
This problem has occured each time with a fresh instal.
Ge-force drivers that were used--12.41---from Nvidia

Currently using the asus--12.60.---still mouse shaking.

GAmes--UT---with LOki patch for Nvidia(ver436)
OGL plays better than d3d but shaking present.
d3d--terrible.

Serious Sam--most settings on high--1024/768
playing looks strained at times.
Quake 3 same.

Does anyone have a clue??
This problem has driven me nuts, I can't seem to figure it out.....Been at for several weeks, getting nowhere.

Thank you.

G

has this mouse prob only been present with this mobo? If so, it might be time to give a call or a visit to the place your baught it from. Tell 'em it might be defective.

----
Comparing AMD and Intel is like comparing a Ferrari to a Model-T…there’s no comparison.

G

My power supply is a enermax 350 wts.
I should mention that all my other application seems to run okay, just this shaking.

Also the keyboard seems smooth as opposed to the mouse???

So I am not sure yet if it is a hadware issue or a settings software one...

thnks

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
seems a problem with your board, the mouse signals are not going well to the driver. maybe there is some capacitance problem in the circuit that goes from the mouse connector to the southbridge, thats inducing more signals than those generated by the mouse.

change the board, such problems are best left to be handled by the company.

girish

<font color=blue>die-hard fans don't have heat-sinks!</font color=blue>

G

Major question, is this a USB mouse or a PS2 mouse? One issue I ran into on an A7M266 was that I was originally using a mouse hooked up to the USB port. Turns out that PCI slots 4 and 5 on this board share an IRQ with USB. I had my network card in slot 5. Bad solution for online gaming as my mouse response became very poor at times. Switching the mouse to the PS2 (9-pin) connector gave the mouse its own IRQ (IRQ 12) and the problem was solved.

Sorry if it's not even close, but I had to ask.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. - Mark Twain

G

Right now the mouse is USB, previously I have tried PS/2 without it doing anything. Interesting thought though on the network card. But I don't think that is the issue here but I will experiment with it.

At this point I am so frustrated, I have tried many things.
I could take the MB back to the store but I want to be sure that the problem is hardware and not a settings issue or driver problem,

I have tried the other ports (usb) to no avail.
Perhaps there is a setting in the bios I am not aware of??

Thanks for the help...

right now i am still guessing???