A7V AUTO SHUT DOWN !!!

G

Ok i have a very Serious problem with my Motherboard im really hoping you will be able to help me with this one!!

Computer Specs & Setup

A7V Motherboard -
Diamondmax 45 ATA-100 HD - running on primary ATA-100 Conroller
CD/RW and CDROM Running on IDE Controller (Secondary Master & Primary slave)
128MB 100MHZ SDRAM
AMD Athlon (Thunderbird) 800Mhz Processor (Jumpers are set @ 8x x 100MHZ)
Creative Nvidia GeForce2 GTS (Running UWSC (Memory thing, 4x and Fast Writes)
Soundblaster live! Sound Card (PCI)
10MB Network Card (PCI)
v.92 Modem (PCI)
Heatsink and Fan on CPU + Extra Case Fan
Bios Version = a7v1005c

If u need any more Specs please get back to me.

PROBLEM =

After a Certain amount of time the computer shuts it self down.. But the green power LED on the front of my unit flashes!! The HD isnt spinning the CPU isnt doing n e thing and basically it turns it self off.. I have tried altering all Bios settings but no luck

Please could you give me any solutions..

I Am running windows ME BUT.. It still shuts it self down even when not in Windows as when i was Formatting the HD it turned its self off.. it seems to be a heating problem but I have never had this problem before.. it was working fine for months..

Please let me know on anything you know how to solve the problem or n e thing i can do as i urgently need my computer for coursework

Thnx for your Time

300W PSU btw.

G

Hi,

You've proabably already turned off power managementin the BIOS, so I won't suggest that :smile: . Monitor the temparature of your system using the BIOS, incase that is the problem. < 1GHz Athys run at max 90 deg C, but I'd be suprised if it gets above 75.

If it is a heat problem, check:<pre> * The thermal paste on the Heatsinks has a good contact (very thin, even
layer, if any ...I didn't use any and 1GHz Tbird ran at 36 deg C)
* Heatsink is seated properly
* All your fans are working OK (!)
* if any wires/cables are snagging fans or majorly obstructing airflow
* cables from case -> mobo are on properly e.g. power switch, reset button, etc
</pre><p>Maybe also check your BIOS chip is securely in its slot - just give it a gentle push (<font color=red>not forgetting to ground yourself on your plugged-in-but-turned-off case first!</font color=red>)

HTH

<font color=blue>Moots</font color=blue>

G

k thnx m8, ill take a look :)..

Please keep suggestions coming in :)

Thnx for your time,

Jon

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Try some different ram.
you also need to make sure all your cables are connected properly.
Do you have at least a 300W powersupply? If not, get one.
And if you are not overclocking, why are you using the jumpers? Try using jumper free mode.