A7V + TB 900 Mhz Major Problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

Hello all,
Need your help desparately. I recently purchase the ASUS A7V and TB 900 MHZ Socket A. I tried setting it up and it just won't go! I mean, I have nothing attahced to it except an AGP card, power supply and Kingston PC 133 12b MB memory. Nothing! I mean, it does not even turn the monitor on! I try swapping memory, power supply, video card and so on.... The MB is not shorting anywhere since I did pull it out of the case and place it on a wooden cardboard for testing....

I am desparate, I mean, I spend all these money and it does not work. Worse, since the CPU is purchased from vender (OEM), it is noe even cover under warranty!!!! Help please....

1-16-01

G

Don't panic...be calm.
Take everything apart. Unconnect all power, and make sure you touch a ground to avoid static first. Now, read the manual. Connect everything as stated in it. Look ver closely at those little power on and reset pins, make sure you get them right. Once everything is ready, short out the CMOS quickly (page 59 of the manual). Don't touch anything else, plug in power, and try to start the machine. If you still get nothing, you'll have to begin trying to figure out which piece is not working. Post back, and give information on any activity...does the fan whir momentarily, is there a green LED lit on the Mobo, are there any beeps, does the HD or floppy make any recognisble noises. I stongly suspect that everything will be fine. Search this board for much more information, including useful setting up guides. Good Luck!

DESIGN TEAM

G

Hi

Had a similar problem with an A7V with 1GHz TBird.

The power led on the mobo came on (the one nestled in between PCI slots), but the CPU fan, psu fan etc would not come on. Took the board to a m8's house and swapped each component - it turned out to be a DoA board as CPU, RAM etc was OK. Replaced it, and that one worked fine. I had tech support telling me is was cos I was "only" using a 300W PSU and non-CAS2 RAM (!)

Another thing to check is the mobo connection for the ATX power switch - it won't power on without it being connected properly.

HTH

Mootin