A7V's bios 1005C won't post with V over 1.7V. ?

G

Hi,

I have to say that I'm totally confused. I've got myself a shiny brand new 300W power supply. I was hopping to overclock my Duron to at least 850Mhz. I boosted voltage a little bit and guess what. For some reason, which I totally can't comprehend, computer refuses to post with voltage over 1.70V. why ? With older Bios 1004C, computer would at least post at 1.80V but no more than that. Changing power supply did not make a difference if comes to overclocking too. 250W or 300W, NO DIFFRENCE. I could go up to 800Mhz but that is it(default Duron@650Mhz). Now tell me why ? Is because the new power supply is junk or are there other reasons for my problem ? what is also really strange is that evertime computer is turned on and off, the bios keeps changing voltage to default settings, which forces me to go back to bios, change voltage to desired settings (well not much choice here it is 1.7V or nothing)
and than restart it without powering the system off.
By the way the motherboard is Asus A7V.

RavenPrime

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Try setting the voltage using the jumpers. If it works, then you may need to downgrade the BIOS.

<i>Guess my favorite football team!</i> :cool: James

G

ive heard that you can only over clock like that with the voltage on the bios its shipped with, so if that true, go back , or clock it normally