A8 5600k Good Enough for what I need?

supersebey

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
Hello!

I am just about to buy a new computer system and was wondering if the CPU mentioned above would be good enough for "basic video editing" (no after effects), recording/streaming gameplay (minecraft/gmod) and also photoshop. I will be using this core with a R9 270x and a Samsung Evo SSD (120 gb). Feedback would be great but please don't suggest "over the top cores" like i5 4670k as I don't have enough money to purchase one of these.

Thank you for your time!

recording/streaming gameplay is VERY cpu intensive... and your experience will suffer heavily with that slow quad core. You'd be better off with an fx6300 or better yet a fx8320... and overclocking the heck out of them. Baring one of those i'd suggest a phenomII x6, and overclock the heck out of it. Intel i5s can do a solid job, though streaming will demand a whole core, so even with an overclock depending on the game, you might actually be better off with an amd. (atleast in the benches of gaming + streaming, AMD 8 cores seem to pace or better i5s pretty solidly)

That said all of this can be solved by getting yourself an nvidia 7xx series gpu and using shadowplay, or even better, buying a video capture card.

supersebey

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014

what about just recording basic minecraft gameplay? not streaming... would this still not work?

supersebey

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014

But videos on youtube show that you can record BF4 with Medium settings at around 40 fps with this cpu?