[SOLVED] A8-7650K's Cores + Core Temp

xellacer

Reputable
Feb 21, 2016
Hello, mates. Asking for a friend, really. He has this A8-7650K and I suggested him the Core Temp program to monitor his temps. When he sent me a screenshot it only says 2 Cores 2 Threads. Here's what it looks like:

20ggw1y.png

------------

An A8-7650K is a quad-core CPU, right? Also, I watched a benchmark of Rainbow Six Siege with MSI Afterburner, he has all 4 cores detected in Afterburner while my friend had only 2 cores detected in MSI Afterburner settings.

Does it relate to BIOS settings if that's the case? Thank you for the future help! Cheers!

Solution
That CPU should either be listed as a 4 core/4 thread CPU or a 2 core/4 thread CPU. If other utilities are reading it properly it may be fine.

As an aside, the best way to read temperature on older AMD CPUs like that one is to look at thermal margin using AMD Overdrive.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
That CPU should either be listed as a 4 core/4 thread CPU or a 2 core/4 thread CPU. If other utilities are reading it properly it may be fine.

As an aside, the best way to read temperature on older AMD CPUs like that one is to look at thermal margin using AMD Overdrive.

Solution