A8V CMOS Checksum Bad

marcus

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2001

I get a bad checksum on my Asus A8V. This is a brand new board. I have to
clear the CMOS to even get it to boot. Then I can go through some things to
setup and then reboot and I get a blank screen and the system does nothing.
If I clear the CMOS again it will boot. Can you give me an idea of what I
need to do? Do I need to flash the bios?

Thanks,
Marcus

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I would flash it with the latest BIOS. I had all sorts of CMOS blow-outs
with the shipping BIOS as well. It went away after the flash.

-Larry

"Marcus" <mkbaird@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I get a bad checksum on my Asus A8V. This is a brand new board. I have to
>clear the CMOS to even get it to boot. Then I can go through some things to
>setup and then reboot and I get a blank screen and the system does nothing.
>If I clear the CMOS again it will boot. Can you give me an idea of what I
>need to do? Do I need to flash the bios?
>

> Thanks,
> Marcus

marcus

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2001

Thanks Larry. It worked for me as well.

marcus

"Larry" <none@none.com> wrote in message
>I would flash it with the latest BIOS. I had all sorts of CMOS blow-outs
>with the shipping BIOS as well. It went away after the flash.
>
> -Larry
>
> "Marcus" <mkbaird@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>I get a bad checksum on my Asus A8V. This is a brand new board. I have to
>>clear the CMOS to even get it to boot. Then I can go through some things
>>to setup and then reboot and I get a blank screen and the system does
>>nothing. If I clear the CMOS again it will boot. Can you give me an idea
>>of what I need to do? Do I need to flash the bios?
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Marcus

Larry

Distinguished