Question AB350 Gaming 3 Backflash BIOS

smasher248

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I have upgraded my BIOS version to F31 for AB350 Gaming 3, but now I have found out i am using a Ryzen 7 1800X which isnt supported, how can I backflash to the last working BIOS version?

Currently the screen hangs on the Gigabyte logo, saying press F12 to see boot option etc, but i can't input anything. it also beeps once, and the VGA led is always red.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
F31 is already >12 months old, any specific reason you opted for that?

F31 didn't drop support for the 1800X, F30 dropped support the older A#-#### APUs and Athlons, no true 'Zen' chips.

If you've successfully booted to see the splash screen, you've essentially successfully flashed the BIOS.
You clearly have an issue though - and I'm not aware of any BIOS flashback functionality on that board, only a select few X370 boards supported it, no B350 AFAIK.

At this point, I'd suggest removing sticks of memory, see if you can successfully boot with one installed. That was a common enough issue on 1st Gen Ryzen and, while a BIOS update shouldn't bring that back to the table if it was working without issue previously, stranger things have happened.