[SOLVED] AB350m cross compatible with ryzen 1st and second gen (ryzen 7 2700x)

solrac0192

Commendable
Feb 9, 2019
I have recently purchased a Ryzen 7 2700x that has bent pins with the expectation of fixing it and making sure it would work before buying a new motherboard.
I could try fixing the CPU pins, and then use my friends motherboard (AB350m gaming 3 micro atx) to make sure the CPU works.
(this is so I wont spend money on a motherboard and then come to find that I cant fix the CPU.
My question is that if the CPU were to work once I fixed the pins, will I be able to put it into my friends motherboard without having to update the bios?
Then after I see that it has worked (hopefully) will they then be able to put their first gen ryzen (ryzen 5 1600x) without any problems
Thanks so much :)

Solution
I have recently purchased a Ryzen 7 2700x that has bent pins with the expectation of fixing it and making sure it would work before buying a new motherboard.
I could try fixing the CPU pins, and then use my friends motherboard (AB350m gaming 3 micro atx) to make sure the CPU works.
(this is so I wont spend money on a motherboard and then come to find that I cant fix the CPU.
My question is that if the CPU were to work once I fixed the pins, will I be able to put it into my friends motherboard without having to update the bios?
Then after I see that it has worked (hopefully) will they then be able to put their first gen ryzen (ryzen 5 1600x) without any problems

That question took only 10 seconds to find...

That question took only 10 seconds to find answer for. It's compatible but only with new BIOS version F20 and up https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AB350M-Gaming-3-rev-1x/support#support-cpu

Solution