Question AB350M-hdv upgrade questions

Aug 30, 2019
I'm currently running BIOS version 5.10 on AsRock's AB350m-hdv, and I'm trying to update to the latest BIOS version 6.00.
After looking at their downloads page (https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/AB350M-HDV/index.us.asp#BIOS), I see that 5.50, 5.80, and 5,90 require users to install 'AMD all in 1 with VGA Driver' prior to those flashes. The only problem is that AsRock only provides Windows 10 and 7 support for that required driver, and I'm running Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS. On the same page the latest version 6.00 doesn't list that requirement. Is it safe to say I can skip the required driver install for versions 5.50, 5.80, and 5.90 and flash my BIOS to 6.00?

If not, that leads me to another line of questions. Is the 'AMD all in 1 with VGA' driver stored on the motherboard like the BIOS software itself or does it reside in the Windows OS? Because if it is stored on the motherboard I'd have no problem dual-booting or switching drives to get the job done and be on my way.

Thanks for reading.

Aug 30, 2019
That driver has nothing to do with Linux and is NOT stored on the motherboard in any way. Proceed with the update.

That makes so much more sense, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't screw things up. I double checked the online documentation and it supports my Ryzen 5 CPU, I'll update the thread when I get home.