AB350M Pro 4 wont maintain CPU OC setting

Nov 1, 2018
Hello, New here and im having an issue that i cant get solved.

I have a AsRock AB350M Pro4 Mobo with a Ryzen 1700x. 16GB corsair 2666

current Bios is 5.10

My issue is when i setup the CPU OC setting and save...boot. Windows, CPUZ and any other monitoring software show the cpu capping out at the default 3.4GHz freq.

attempted settings:

3.85Ghz clock, with 1.385V
3.8GHz clock, with 1.385V.....

no matter the config on boot and when stressed with CPUZ or a large encoding it caps at 3.4.. Temps at 90% load are 60-70c.

NOTE: i had not setup an OC config on any other Bios versions.

Start by trying with a different monitoring software and see if you're getting different readings.

Also, note that B350 boards aren't as good as the B450. What I mean by this is that back in the B350 generation of boards, not all of them provide stable overclocking capabilities. I actually wouldn't recommend anyone to overclock on that motherboard. Specially the Micro-ATX version of the Pro4 is causing a lot of issues for users worldwide. Even the ATX has its limits. What I'm trying to say is to keep your expectations low here.

Nov 1, 2018

ive tried coms and msi after burner as well. The B450 was not an option when i built. even with the 350 not being a great OC Mobo id still expect to see even the smallest OC get applied. This appears more like nothing happens.

Mar 12, 2019
Any solutions? I'm using a b450m pro4 with a ryzen 7 1700 and havng the same issue, with boost it goes to 3.2ghz on all cores and with an old Bios version I did OC to 3.6ghz at all cores because the boost wasn't working well to get 2 cores at 3.7ghz, I reseted de bios, updated and did the OC again but then I tried to get it of and I could not get it back to stock, after a lot of clear cmos and 2 hours I got back to stock but now that we are getting out of summer here and I can get lower temps I can't get my OC to any frequency again.

TRENDING THREADS