AB350M PRO4 sound problem: No speakers or headphones are plugged in

tautvis99

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
Hello, I have an unsolved issue. My PC's sound has gone out of nowhere while my PC was on and a speaker icon with red cross indicating that "no speakers or headphones plugged in" has appeared. I have tried different methods: uninstalling and installing official realtek audio drivers from my motherboards AB350M PRO4 website, reseting BIOS and jumping HD audio connector from the motherboard and xonar dgx sound card. Unfortunately, nothing helped and I have nothing else to do except to think this is all because of my faulty motherboard or windows updates. Any more solutions I could try?

tautvis99

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017

I tried flexing and connecting my headphones and wired speakers, still nothing. They seem to work fine. Tried mixing sound settings in control panel and checking if speakers are selected, also nothing.
When I right click on that speaker icon with red icon it gives "Speaker setup (UNKNOWN)" not sure what that means.
I think there is a problem with OS or the motherboard itself. Thinking of resetting my Windows 10, don't know if that will help. Worst case scenario would be replacing my motherboard

tautvis99

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
Tried resetting windows (which failed to do) and nothing happened. Uninstalled most recent windows update - still nothing...

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

What happened when you tried to install the audio driver from the motherboard disk? Did it complete the install? If the sound chip were dead, it would say it couldn't find the device.
I presume you tested both the front and back audio ports.

tautvis99

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017

I haven't tried to install audio drivers from the motherboard disk, I got the latest update files straight from the official asrock website of this mobo and the install was completed but nothing happened. Tested both ports, nothing.
Anyways, I borrowed an USB flash containing Win 10. Going to reinstall, see if anything happens. Will inform.

tautvis99

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017

I have already said that I have tried restting and it failed. Well, nevermind, I have just completely reinstalled my Win 10, downloaded and installed the drivers from the mentioned asrock website of my motherboard model and it works, the sound has finally appeared, it was an OS glitch all along (sound options flickered and were blank). Anyways, thank you for your help :)