Abit Be6-II Help!!!!!

G

I need help in figuring out an AGP compatiblity issue. I have an Abit BE6-II motherboard that has a 3.3 volts AGP slot , which is considered AGP compliant 1.0 or 1.1
My question is, is there a BIOS update that will lower the voltage to 1.5 volts, which is considered AGP compliant 2.0?
I have found a place to buy a Visiontek Geforce 3 (original) for $112 + s/h, but the problem for me is it is AGP 2.0 compliant video card. Are all video cards this 2.0 compliant? Thanks in advance.

Bob2001

G

frequency? What do you mean by frequency? Please forgive me, I am still new to all this stuff. Thanks for the good news. I am so happy I ordered the card and can't wait. Oh, I can see it now...Nascar 2002 cranked all the way up, and Medal of Honor to my hearts content. Thank you again. Now back to the frequency thing. Why do you ask that? Just wondering. You know the kid that always asks why this why that. That's me. Thanks again.

Bob2001

G

Oh, gotcha. LOL sorry. Too funny of a mix up. Thanks again. Oh, by the way I sent you a personal message. Hope you got it, but if not then here is the jist.

I was wondering if you can send me in the right direction for the info on the combo earlier discussed or is this a hands-on experience? Also, can you verify for me if all chipsets are identical, like for example, I was told that all the original Geforce 3 chipsets use the same AGP voltage, is this true? Like all Geforce 4 chipsets use the same voltage, etc. Thanks in advance.

Bob2001

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Chip voltage itself is regulated by on card resistors, so that newer revisions at smaller transistor size can use less voltage while leaving the user none the wizer. I've used various AGP 2.0 cards on various earlier boards.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?