Daegus

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2003
Well I finally got my Radeon 9800 Pro 256 by Gigabyte today me and my friend decided slip it into my system.(Hasn't even been ran yet.) We get everything hooked up find that the screen isn't displaying a picture(KDS Rad-6 19' Flat panel). So we unhook everything and rewire just main components. Try it again. Don't work. Finally we got point where we took everything off but video card and MB.

Anyone ever had this problem or might know how fix it?

Running(if we could get it to work):
Intel 3.2 Ghz CPU
Corsair XMS Series 3200 dual channel 400 mhz 1 gig
2 120 Gig Seagate HDs
Radeon Pro 9800 256
Abit IC7-G Max 2 Advanced
400 Watt Power Supply

"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life."

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It could be any number of things. It could be something as simple as a grounded motherboard (a mounting post in the wrong place grounding the back, see the first post in this forum), or not having the ATX 12v four pin square header connected to the motherboard, or the 4-pin power cable plugged into the video card, or...

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Daegus

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2003
PSU is an Antec P4 ATX12V 400 Watt Power Supply. We tried every connection and all..so down to peg that shouldn't be there in back I guess?

"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life."