ABIT KT7 Sound Blaster Live value. NO SOUND! HELP!

G

I have recently upgraded my sound card to a sound Blaster LIve VALUE, Bulk OEM CT-4830 from Europe.

I have the card installed in the second PCI slot in my ABIT KT7 non-raid board, which as I recall is the proper slot to use on the ABIT board.
I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers.
SBLIVE! is using IRQ 10, SB16 Emulation is using IRQ 5 and DMAs 1 and 5 (8-bit and 16-bit).

I DO NOT HAVE ANY SOUND.
Just white noise. I have resintalled time and time again. There is no change.
Can anyone save my sanity before it's completely lost?

I hear there are many issues with SBLIVE and the VIA KT133 chipset. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-thanks

The Jolly Wizened Oaf!

G

I'm in exactly the same situation.

Abit KT7a non-raid
Win2K
SbLive 1024 OEM CT-4830 European

I have had the card in slots 4 and 5... but same as you all I get is white noise.

there is another forum which seems to be dedicated to the problems with the VIA 686B chipset and the SBLive here:
http://bbs.pcstats.com/viahardware/categories.cfm?catid=19

stimpee

G

There are many who say that it's due to the 686B south bridge.
However, I'm running the standard ABIT KT7 non-raid, utilizing the VIA KT133 chip, NO "A". Thusly, and I have checked my board, I am using the 686A southbridge.

So the error is not due directly to it being 686B.
A few of us theorize that the card is just dead. Also, I'm told that installing the card with any other previous soundblaster drivers will result in errors similar to this.
HOWEVER, you've stated, in your other post on the forums for the 686B troubles, that your system is NEW. This throws out the idea that it is that problem.

I've got other drivers and I'm continuing to play with it. I'll let you know what I come up wtih.

The Jolly Wizened Oaf!

G

Hey Stimpee!
I think I've figured it out! You can have a look at my latest postin the Audio Forums (SOUND BLASTER LIVE VALUE DEBACLE SOLVED) for more detail, BUT, if you;re having the same problem I did here's what you want to do!

First, goto your Volume CONTROL and click ADVANCED.
There's a check box in here for DIGITAL sound TURN IT OFF! This cleared up things almost instantly for me.
Also, if drivers are still causing a trouble, check out www.driversguide.com and do a search for CT4830. There's about 6 different drivers from all many places. The first one, the CT4830.ZIP has 3 different ones. The first one did the trick for me.

Any more troubles, drop me a line.

The Jolly Wizened Oaf!