ABIT KT7A-RAID help with bios please

G

I just bought all the necessary components to put together my new system, but I have a question regarding bios configurations as well as exactly where to put the hard drive cable. First the HDD...IBX Deskstar, 75GXP, and I don't have a second one yet, so I'm just going with the one for now. There are 2 IDE (primary, secondary) and 2 RAID (in orange). If I'm just using one HDD, do I start with the IDE #1 (black), or do I start with IDE #3 (orange) since my HDD is ATA 100? Next, the bios. Where do they publish, in layman's terms, what each of the different configurations mean?? The manual does an OK job, but I need a bit more help in understanding what the changes mean to my gaming and computing performance. Thanks for any help you can give.

G

If you want ATA100 then use IDE3. Don't forget to use a the 80 wire cable that came with your motherboard. the blue connection goes in the motherboard side. The end is for the master and the middle is for a slave if you ever get one. As for the BIOS, do a search on KT7 FAQ. There are several out there. I don't have an address off hand to give you. Don't forget to tell the BIOS to boot from ATA100. It may be called something else. It changes from BIOS version to BIOS version.