abit vs asus for Win 2K

G

I am about to build a system, and it is very important that i use windows 2K so i want to buy the mainboard that will be the most stable for this setup, i have heard many many issuse that keep me bouncing back and forth between the asus a7v and abit k7v would love to hear some opinions about ease of setup with both these boards under win 2k, and also stability, I dont really care about if you think raid support is better then the ata 100 stuff, just concerned about windows 2k performance on the board, if anyone has two systems one with each type that would be a huge help.

I want to put the following
1ghz athlon
soundblaster live value
elsa gloria II
512mb pc133 ram
and then i have a mess of other things cd, zip, floppy, etc etc,

Thanks.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
well i have an abit board and it works great. well get the abit kt7-raid. get to 2 hard drives and go in raid 0.

ATI RADEON 32MB DDR RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I must agree. The ASUS A7V is weird in Win2k. It takes a long time to boot and BIOS flashes are a MUST. But there was no mention if he uses the KT7 in Win2k.

I would stay away from the Elsa Gloria 2 unless anti aliasing is worth the extra $200 - $300 over a GeForce2 Ultra. I use the A7V 1GHz and a leadtek GeForce2 GTS to run 3D Studio VIZ and AutoCAD 2000 and as long as it's all driver'd up it runs great. I really don't think the Gloria II is worth it. Put your money in good RAM like Mushkin especialy if you're going to be rendering a lot 512MB is perfect, but these boards DON'T take cheap RAM. Something CAS2 should be used if you want it to run at 133MHz with plenty of stability.

TRENDING THREADS