Able to connect to router but not Internet? (Ethernet)

Winchye

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
All of a sudden my connection dropped, was still connected to router but had no internet access?

I've tried restarting router, unplugging Ethernet cables, restarting pc but nothing seems to work. Going into cmd and ipconfig it shows I'm connected to the router, and I can login to the router through browser but on there it says 'error' on Internet port. Tried troubleshooting but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Solution
the issue is between the router and the ISP, so you'd be better off trying to powercycle the modem and then contacting your ISP to see if there is an area outage if powercycling the modem doesn't resolve issue. remember to leave modem off for at least 30 seconds, then give it a few minutes to come back on. unplug and replug connections, this is far better then just trying to tighten/push in connectors

DeadlyDays

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
the issue is between the router and the ISP, so you'd be better off trying to powercycle the modem and then contacting your ISP to see if there is an area outage if powercycling the modem doesn't resolve issue. remember to leave modem off for at least 30 seconds, then give it a few minutes to come back on. unplug and replug connections, this is far better then just trying to tighten/push in connectors

Solution