Able to use Phanteks Enthoo Pro fan hub?

emitex

Honorable
Jan 27, 2016
I know there are a lot threads about this topic but my MoBo is a bit outdated so I need a clear answer. So I'm planning to buy a new case - Phanteks Enthoo Pro. Now here is my MoBo:

P8H77-M-PRO-03.jpg

As you can see I have only one cpu_fan and only one extra header, the cha_fan 1. I read that the 4 pin cable coming from the fan hub is supposed to attach to the cpu_fan, but I need my cpu cooler on that one. Can I connect the 4 pin cable into the cha_fan 1 (3 pin header) then? Or is there a better way for all this?

emitex

Honorable
Jan 27, 2016

I would like to use the cpu header but where would I attach my cpu cooler then?

To the fan controller hub, like all the rest.

emitex

Honorable
Jan 27, 2016

b2d3f2f75cf48491cfcd5ccbc64aa8db.png

But all the headers on the fan hub are 3 pinned. The cable coming from the cpu cooler is 4 pinned.

Doesn't matter at all look up 4 vs 3 pin, they work fine

emitex

Honorable
Jan 27, 2016

But if the cpu cooler (4 pin) is attached to a 3 pin header, doesnt that mean that the cpu cooler cannot regulate its speed? And all I have heard is that cpu cooler should always be connected to 4 pin header (usually the cpu_fan).

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y390/Joseph_Cosello/pwmhub_zpsf66b268a.jpg

Just follow the diagram. The 4pin plugs into your mobo, it handles the PWM function.

Why not just try it out?

emitex

Honorable
Jan 27, 2016

Tell me if I'm wrong. So I will simply put the pwm cable from the hub to cpu_fan and the cpu cooler cable (4 pin) to a one of those fan hub's 3 pinned headers? And like this the cpu cooler will work just perfectly?

emitex

Honorable
Jan 27, 2016

I would like to try it out but I dont have the case yet and I want to be 100% sure that it will work before buying :lol:

Yeah.

With fans just assemple the whole thing and play around with the setup you like, you may decide you don't like the hub, would rather use spliters, would rather do this or that or the other thing, seriously just give it a go, you really can't mess up.

TRENDING THREADS