Sourish

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
My specs
Core2duo e7500
Ram 2 gig ddr2
Amd 6670
Wd cavier 320gb

I was doing regular stuff like checking mail etc and suddenly got Bsod. Before i could read anything it rebooted into a blaack screen. Everytime i tried rebooting it showed a blacl screen. I tried reinserting the Ram, but then when i tried booting it showed *Insert proper boot media*. I checked my Bios and boot priorty was from my hdd. Strange. Then i created a bootable usb and tried installing windows from there. But in the process where we have to select the drive to install it was empty!! But strangely my hdd was detected in BIOS., and hdd was properly plugged in and spinning. Help!! Please!

Solution
Yes it may still have data that is recoverable. The important things is to not let anything write to, initialize, or format the drive.

Do you have another working system that you can install it to or maybe connect it to using an external drive dock or enclosure?

Sourish

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
Yes sir, ive tried using different sata data and power cable. As mentioned the drive is running and showing up in bios, but not showing up during installation. I ve yet to try another hdd. Any ways a lot of stuff were not backed up. So is data recovery possible? (with little hope)

popatim

Titan
Yes it may still have data that is recoverable. The important things is to not let anything write to, initialize, or format the drive.

Do you have another working system that you can install it to or maybe connect it to using an external drive dock or enclosure?

Solution