[SOLVED] Abnormal CPU Temps on Ryzen 3600X?

Aug 3, 2020
I was gaming for 12 hours straight and I noticed my CPU temps hitting 72C on Modern warfare. It would fluctuate at the lowest 65C to the highest 72C. It also depended on the map and I found that weird. On some maps it would range from 65C to 70C. I have a total of 5 fans, 2 intakes in the front, two exhaust above, exhaust in the rear. Using a Lian Li Lancool 2 case

I would like to add and I was unaware of this at the time. When I was installing the Hyper 212 Cooler the screws would not fit I had the handles on backward. So I quickly fix it and before readjusting it. I reapplied thermal paste on the cpu. I notice when I have my fans at full speed the CPU ranges from 55C to 65C.

I'm worried if I may have introduced air bubbles due to reapplying thermal paste. I've used my gaming built for 2 days so far. Do I need to take off the thermal paste with 70 percent alcohol and re apply it again? Did the air bubbles destroy my cpu? This was my first built.

Solution
I replaced the Hyper 212 fan with the other fans I order for the case. When I put low speed on my exhaust fans I noticed the temp rising, when I had the exhaust fans at a full speed I noticed it was removing the hot air faster.
I didn't know installing the fans a certain way is important until I saw this video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGYr2fgBB-s&t=218s
. Pretty much it suggested to have it the way I have it.
Won't know for sure without actually testing it; the traditional method isn't always the best.

I don't have any exhaust chassis fans running anymore. I found the general top and front exhaust to be slightly worse, so why have 'em?
3x NF-A14 > Fractal Celsius S36 radiator...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Checking thermals alone doesn't work with Ryzen 3000, because they behave like Nvidia's gpus do: the frequencies are also changing, so you need to watch that too.

Your thermals are fine though.

I'd try removing all the exhaust fans though, because they may not be doing all that much.
-If the rear exhaust fan is weaker than the Hyper 212's fan, then it's just getting in the way.
-Why do you have a top exhaust fan pulling cool air out before it can even get to the cpu cooler?

I was gaming for 12 hours straight and I noticed my CPU temps hitting 72C on Modern warfare. It would fluctuate at the lowest 65C to the highest 72C. It also depended on the map and I found that weird. On some maps it would range from 65C to 70C. I have a total of 5 fans, 2 intakes in the front, two exhaust above, exhaust in the rear. Using a Lian Li Lancool 2 case

I would like to add and I was unaware of this at the time. When I was installing the Hyper 212 Cooler the screws would not fit I had the handles on backward. So I quickly fix it and before readjusting it. I reapplied thermal paste on the cpu. I notice when I have my fans at full speed the CPU ranges from 55C to 65C.

I'm worried if I may have introduced air bubbles due to reapplying thermal paste. I've used my gaming built for 2 days so far. Do I need to take off the thermal paste with 70 percent alcohol and re apply it again? Did the air bubbles destroy my cpu? This was my first built.
It's actually doing fine with that cooler.

Aug 3, 2020
Checking thermals alone doesn't work with Ryzen 3000, because they behave like Nvidia's gpus do: the frequencies are also changing, so you need to watch that too.

Your thermals are fine though.

I'd try removing all the exhaust fans though, because they may not be doing all that much.
-If the rear exhaust fan is weaker than the Hyper 212's fan, then it's just getting in the way.
-Why do you have a top exhaust fan pulling cool air out before it can even get to the cpu cooler?
I replaced the Hyper 212 fan with the other fans I order for the case. When I put low speed on my exhaust fans I noticed the temp rising, when I had the exhaust fans at a full speed I noticed it was removing the hot air faster.
I didn't know installing the fans a certain way is important until I saw this video

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Won't know for sure without actually testing it; the traditional method isn't always the best.

I don't have any exhaust chassis fans running anymore. I found the general top and front exhaust to be slightly worse, so why have 'em?
3x NF-A14 > Fractal Celsius S36 radiator > 3x NF-S12A... that's it for my chassis intake.

Solution
Aug 3, 2020
It's actually doing fine with that cooler.

3x NF-A14 > Fractal Celsius S36 radiator > 3x NF-S12A... that's it for my chassis intake.
Thanks, I'll give that airflow installation a try.