Abnormal CPU Usage on Minecraft after Fresh Install

G

Hello, a fairly frustrating issue has come up with my system that I built recently.

I went decided it was time to wipe my drive (before this, my first install, Windows 7), and I did. I put Linux on the system. All of the drivers were installed, and my framerate had just more than halfed than it was normally on my first install. "That can't be right." So I went ahead and installed Windows 7 back onto the system, installed AMD CCC Omega Drivers, etc. Same issue, about the same framerate as I would get on Linux. Alright, I had enough. I installed Windows 8.1 on it because it had the latest software and basically the standard for gaming. (Excluding Windows 10) I put my drivers on it (AMD CCC), did my overclocking (runs fine for all other games) on my graphics card, and my CPU should be at stock settings. Installed 1.8 Java JRE on each one.

But here's the issue. I let my performance manager run in the other monitor, and whenever I play minecraft (on the OS installs after the working one,) the cpu is higher than it ever has been. On my first Windows 7 install, all was fine. I have no affinity issues, all cores are set. I have my minecraft setting with vSync off, mipmaps to 0 (which was what was set on the working install), and render to 16, performance at 120 like it always was.

FX 6300, no overclock (or atleast as I know)
Gigabyte R9 270x 4GB
Team Elite 8GB (not the issue, but does it's job)

Voltages look fine.
I've tried looking around the forum but have found nothing that answered and solved my issues.
Landon

Xyos

Distinguished
From my experience Minecraft is very CPU based. Do you have mods running for it? Mods can be very demanding in Minecraft. Also the FX6300 is a very low end processor, it's almost bottom of the barrel for modern CPU's.

G

It's all Vanilla Minecraft. I've never had this issue before WITH the same computer. It seems as though it cuts the framerate based upon the cpu usage.

jackstrr

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014

I use the FX 6300 and what you just said is complete garbage, the FX 6300 was designed as a mid-ranged CPU and surprisingly out performed some high end CPU's, the FX 6300 will be able to handle mostly anything you throw at it without any downfalls especially Minecraft. The FX 6300 in on par with the i5 4670k at stock with turbo boost, with a overclock the FX 6300 is the exact same

Source: http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/439/AMD_FX-Series_FX-6300_vs_Intel_Core_i5_i5-4670K.html

Xyos

Distinguished

Calm down tough guy. The only thing that's garbage here is the FX-6300's performance:

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+FX-6300+Six-Core

TRENDING THREADS