Abnormall high CPU usage in Windows and Bios

Black_Addict

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
Hi !

Recently i've discovered that a "svchost" process was using about 50% of the CPU. Every time I turned on the pc i used to be able to end the process fro the "task manager", and the cpu usage would return to normal. But now my hard drive died, so i unpluged it from the pc, and when i turn on the pc ( with no Windows, HDD or other storage unit of any kind) the CPU usage shown in bios is still at about 50%.

What could be causing this problem if there isn't even a storage device in the pc ?
I have an AMD FX 8350 .

Thank you in advance.

Solution
Does it always use 50%? Do you let your computer run for a while and still see that it runs at 50%?

I would not listen to BIOS readings. That has nothing to do with how the computer is running because no programs would be running without a HDD and cleared RAM.

Reinstall windows and start back up.

svchost.exe has to do with certain Windows processes like Defender. I would also recommend a SSD for your OS, this will allow your OS to complete its processes much more quickly and efficiently.

If CPU usage is still a problem report back. This issue you are having is more than likely not hardware, but software.

Alec Lockhart

Honorable
Sep 24, 2014
Does it always use 50%? Do you let your computer run for a while and still see that it runs at 50%?

I would not listen to BIOS readings. That has nothing to do with how the computer is running because no programs would be running without a HDD and cleared RAM.

Reinstall windows and start back up.

svchost.exe has to do with certain Windows processes like Defender. I would also recommend a SSD for your OS, this will allow your OS to complete its processes much more quickly and efficiently.

If CPU usage is still a problem report back. This issue you are having is more than likely not hardware, but software.

Solution