Shubhamlondhe

Reputable
Jun 10, 2016
Hello, I have recently bought Acer Aspire 7 for studying and gaming . As it's my first laptop I'm very much concerned about preserving it's battery life. I tried to search on internet and got confused due to contradictory solutions out there. One camp claims to keep it plugged in at 100% and discharge it in week or so, and don't run laptop on battery as far as possible as it will wear out due to constant charge and discharge. Another one claims to use software provided by manufacturer to stop charging at 80% and keep plugged in at 80% while another one says to keep cycling between 40-80%. I'm considering only last 2 options as laptop comes with option to stop charging at 80% to "extend battery life". Also while gaming I play only while plugged in. SO what's best option for casual use like chrome Microsoft Office etc., which I use for majority of day for clg work(7-8hours)? Should I keep plugged in at 80% all the time or do 40-80% discharge cycles.

Solution
Keeping the battery at 100% for long periods of time will reduce its life. Full charge for lithium batteries is a high stress state. As for the other options I don’t think it really matters, any difference in lifespan will be negligible compared to the hassle of constantly watching the battery. My current Dell stops at 80% charge and I use it plugged in most of the time.
Keeping the battery at 100% for long periods of time will reduce its life. Full charge for lithium batteries is a high stress state. As for the other options I don’t think it really matters, any difference in lifespan will be negligible compared to the hassle of constantly watching the battery. My current Dell stops at 80% charge and I use it plugged in most of the time.

Solution

Shubhamlondhe

Reputable
Jun 10, 2016
How long u have been using that laptop? And any signs of quick discharge in that time? Thanks for reply!