About ccleaner virus attact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uninamed

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016
I downloaded the infected version of the ccleaner softwere. I wanna know if i am infected because i read somewhere that only the 32 bit windows systems were infected. I run 64 bit windows 10 latest update. What antivirus program can i run to see if i'm infected? Sorry for my bad english.

Solution

Kenton82

Reputable
How did you download the infected version? Personally, i would uninstall the one you have, go back to Ccleaner website and download the current version 5.35.6210
Also i would strongly recommend purchasing a fully comprehensive anti-virus program.

In the meantime, download and run malwarebytes https://www.malwarebytes.com/

You could also run windows defender, that should (in most cases i have seen) pick up the trojan malware contained in the infected version of Ccleaner.

Hope this helps.
K

@Konton82:
If I understood it correctly, someone managed to hack the Piriform's official server, where you get your CCleaner from.
The problem is already fixed but you still need to check and recheck of the version you have in the PC.
Simply removing the old one or updating to the fixed version is not enough, if you somehow had the infected one.

Yes, you must do full system scan using your antivirus program incl. Malwarebytes.

Uninamed

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016
I got it from their site. I run it and then i uninstalled it cuz its running in the background. And the i read about the attact, and i wanna see if i'm infected thats all. Thank i will run Malwarebytes.

Kenton82

Reputable

Was this aimed at me? :??:
Either way the OP should do as we suggest...

Kenton82

Reputable
Maybe, but i have seen both Norton and Windows Defender pick it up on three different machines in the past week. Just need to make sure your chosen program is up to date. All these machines are 64bit O/S too....

Avast-Team

Commendable
Mar 3, 2017
Solution

btp4501

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
Should I change my passwords and such after the virus I was running windows 10 64 bit and ccleaner in 64 bit. I am really worried and confused so can someone explain to me Thanks!.

Status
Not open for further replies.