Discussion About chairs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2021
Spent almost whole day doing some digging on the subject, and it seems, that virtually all the gaming and even most of the office chairs are just rebranded Chinese garbage, with huge profit margins. Almost went with the NeuChair until I found two others, that look strikingly similar, but from different companies (Zen Phase 003, Vertagear triigger), same thing with ErgoChair 2. I really don't think it's a sign of a quality product, if the product is been sold by several different market places under many different brands with varying reputation and reviews. The more I look into this, the more I feel scammed just by looking at these things. Is it even possible to avoid cheap Chinese chairs for a budget under 600$ ? New Herman Miller Aeron costs over 1000$ The chair I'm currently using have served me over ten years back home and six or seven years at work... but it costs around 2000$ to get a new one.

I'm salty...🤬

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MMorris666
Yea, most are just junk. Especially anything labeled gaming.

If you want a good office chair. You're going to want to look for 24hour dispatch chairs. Plus read professional reviews to find the reputable companies who make these chairs. As I'm sure theirs a bunch of knock offs. Given their high price. These chairs are designed for the likes of 911 dispatch centers, nursing stations and such. As they're going to be used 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. By not the slenderest of people.

They aren't going to be fancy looking. Just comfy and designed for heavy duty usage. $600 is going to be about the starting price of a decent one.

I'm not even that big. Under 200 lbs. I've had a few (cheap) office chairs break on me. Luckily, I've just fallen on the floor. The last time I just looked at that cylinder sticking up. Decided I don't want that thing to spear me. So, switched to four legged chairs. Not as convenient but way less dangerous.

even the nicer Serta brand chairs i looked at were actually manufactured in Asia.
all of the brands that had North American or European flags included in their product description just stated, "assembled in...", but were also manufactured elsewhere.

the last office chair i've purchased has turned out to be very comfortable, very sturdy, a perfect fit for my desk & slide-out keyboard tray, and at a good price.
Flash Furniture HERCULES Series 24/7 Intensive Use Big & Tall
@ 6'2" \ 200lbs, it is the perfect size & proportion for me.

i searched for a couple months for something not leather\pleather, with adjustable arms that weren't attached to the back, without ugly colors or "racing stripes", and without an attached pillow.
there was not much available at any decent price. it seems almost every office store and online retailer is just overstocked with "gaming" chairs of very low quality and terrible design.

I have the same chair recommendation every time, Staples Hyken chair, as comfortable as any chair I have used including the fancier office furniture stuff that costs hundreds more.

https://www.staples.com/staples-hyk...zBYnCvxpuG8Av87-QwjNKxyabUadgS9BoCn-4QAvD_BwE

I have one at home and can sit in it for hours without any fatigue.

It looks to be on sale now for $160, that is a steal at that price and the cheapest I have seen it at, when I bought it the price was about $180

Blackink

Distinguished
I have the same chair recommendation every time, Staples Hyken chair, as comfortable as any chair I have used including the fancier office furniture stuff that costs hundreds more.

https://www.staples.com/staples-hyk...zBYnCvxpuG8Av87-QwjNKxyabUadgS9BoCn-4QAvD_BwE

I have one at home and can sit in it for hours without any fatigue.

It looks to be on sale now for $160, that is a steal at that price and the cheapest I have seen it at, when I bought it the price was about $180
I have that same chair. I've been using similar chairs for years and when my son gave me this chair, I have found it to be the best and most comfortable chair I've ever sat in.
I can sit in this chair for hours and not be fatigued, sore, uncomfortable....it's amazing how nice this chair fits me!

Status
Not open for further replies.