about dedicated GPU

Vibrus

Prominent
Apr 16, 2017
So I know the differences between a dedicated and integrated GPU. My question is for example if I am playing a game that requires 16 GB ram. But my GPU is dedicated and has 8 GB ram. That is not enough ram for the game to run smoothly. Will the system then use all of the 8 GB from the GPU and use another 8 from the built-in ram or it will only access the 8 from the GPU?

Solution
The game requires 16 GB of internal RAM, not including Dedicated GPU RAM memory. GPU memory is not the same thing as internal Memory. GPU memory handles things such as how much your GPU can render at once, such as shadows, 3D models, etc. Internal memory handles everything your PC runs. Every app you load, Game you play and even when you turn on your computer, it uses internal RAM to access it, and run it. Figure out what RAM your computer uses, get 8 GB more of it, and you can play the game.
The game requires 16 GB of internal RAM, not including Dedicated GPU RAM memory. GPU memory is not the same thing as internal Memory. GPU memory handles things such as how much your GPU can render at once, such as shadows, 3D models, etc. Internal memory handles everything your PC runs. Every app you load, Game you play and even when you turn on your computer, it uses internal RAM to access it, and run it. Figure out what RAM your computer uses, get 8 GB more of it, and you can play the game.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS