About Deepcool Assassin 2

madican

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2016
I have intel core i7 4790 non K,yesterday i bought this cooler but before installed deepcool gammaxx 300 and was fine.Today i rendered 33 minutes gameplay on sony vegas pro 15 by selecting MAGIX/AVC,Internet HD 1080 30FPS in properties i selected encode mode:NV Encoder it's really fast rendering so my video rendered in a 18 minutes but when rendering i checked temperatures on Speccy and i was surprised that my processor temperature rose to 70°,i dont understand why?My old deepcool gammaxx was around 50-55 when rendering but this cooler something strange...BTW in my case at the side corner installed 2 12m fans by Aercool by blowing,in my system opens chrome with 5 tabs,runs only Avast Free+Malwarebytes and at that i was rendered my 33 minutes of gameplay.So what's problem?After rendering i checked one more and my cpu temperature is fell to 35°,maybe coner side fans affected?I don't understand,cuz im little worrying about my cpu degree:(

P.S Who have Deepcool Assassin 2?If someone have this cooler tell me how it works in your system?What's temperatures when rendering?

>I think that Encode Mode:NV Encoder on SONY VEGAS PRO 15 it's uses CPU not GPU?
>When installing Deepcool Assassin 2 i installed thermel paste Arctic MX 4

Solution
Gammaxx 300 is a decent cooler on its own.

The Assassin II should be far superior, but it is also geared for silent operation. Try increasing your fan speed. That or you haven't quite got it installed, might need to consider tightening it down a little.

70C is not a problem for the CPU.

It could be that the CPU was running at a lower frequency and voltage under a full load with the old cooler. Now with the larger cooler it can stay at a higher frequency for longer periods.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Gammaxx 300 is a decent cooler on its own.

The Assassin II should be far superior, but it is also geared for silent operation. Try increasing your fan speed. That or you haven't quite got it installed, might need to consider tightening it down a little.

70C is not a problem for the CPU.

It could be that the CPU was running at a lower frequency and voltage under a full load with the old cooler. Now with the larger cooler it can stay at a higher frequency for longer periods.

Solution

madican

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2016

Im sure that i installed correctly!Maybe Vegas Pro 15 uses all of cores CPU for fast rendering?I also have Sony Vegas Pro 13 and in render setting chosed SONY AVC 720 30FPS Render Mode:CPU Only but not fast renders this render mode uses not all of cores i guess.My little problem is by rendering of Sony Vegas Pro 15.Later i'll try to render on 13 version and will see result

madican

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2016

In my opinion you guessed it.That's why new Sony Vegas Pro 15 renders faster by using all of cores?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not so much all the cores, but the commands that can be given to the CPU. I'm not much of an expert on AVX, not really something I have come across as I am more on the datacenter side of things then end-user media production.

My understanding is that AVX allows for a very wide data bus, it is measured in AVX 256 bit , 512 bit, etc based on the CPU generation and what it supports. So rather than executing commands linearly, it runs them all at once, then recombines the results. Basically like going from 100% CPU utilization (I assume meaning there are no more interrupts available), to every part of the CPU doing something at once.