[SOLVED] About Dual channel

Social_gamer

Commendable
Jan 29, 2021
I have an 1x8gb Corsair Vengeance 3000 mhz with 1 slot free on my motherboard.
My question is should i get another 1x8gb stick to get dual channel?
And is dual channel really worth it?
(Also a stick of 8gb is 50 euros or 60 usd)

Solution
According to what you use your PC for. If you are gaming at all, yes. If you are only surfing and watching YT it wouldn't matter.

As a side note. If you are on AMD Ryzen, and particularly 1st gen you should refer to your motherboard QVL and see if you can select something out of there as a matched, purchased together set. If your build is Intel it is much less important and you may well be fine just finding the "same" stick to add.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
According to what you use your PC for. If you are gaming at all, yes. If you are only surfing and watching YT it wouldn't matter.

As a side note. If you are on AMD Ryzen, and particularly 1st gen you should refer to your motherboard QVL and see if you can select something out of there as a matched, purchased together set. If your build is Intel it is much less important and you may well be fine just finding the "same" stick to add.

Solution

Social_gamer

Commendable
Jan 29, 2021

I am using my pc for gaming and thanks for the reply but do you happen to know like how much of an improvement will it be?

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I am using my pc for gaming and thanks for the reply but do you happen to know like how much of an improvement will it be?

For your specific (unknown) system, no...however there are quite a few reviewers that go over this with various systems, particularly prebuilt that offer only one stick. Those reviews should well give you an idea of what to expect. It is certainly a worthwhile. easy and inexpensive thing you can do to gain more performance.

Social_gamer

Commendable
Jan 29, 2021
For your specific (unknown) system, no...however there are quite a few reviewers that go over this with various systems, particularly prebuilt that offer only one stick. Those reviews should well give you an idea of what to expect. It is certainly a worthwhile. easy and inexpensive thing you can do to gain more performance.
Alright thanks for your time and help!