[SOLVED] About Fx 6300

Dec 22, 2017
I have been about 1 year and a half with a 6300 fx, I always heard that it is obligatory to overclock it so it can perform at the best, but I never paid attention to that, I do not like to overclock the components, I do not like the high temperatures , I always like to have everything fresh, so what I have heard is if I overclock the processor to 4.0ghz or 4.2ghz this will have better temperatures and the voltage will be lower (I mean the undervolt, can someone explain if this is true and if Is it recommended to do this?

AMD Fx 6300 Black Edition
Asus M5a78l-m plus/usb3
Pny Gtx 960
Patriot 8gb 1866mhz

Solution
Don't bother. You do not have an overclock friendly motherboard. Leave it at stock speeds. It was strictly a budget board when it was new. I have experience with about 4-5 of those motherboards that I've built for others.

mgallo848

Commendable
Don't bother. You do not have an overclock friendly motherboard. Leave it at stock speeds. It was strictly a budget board when it was new. I have experience with about 4-5 of those motherboards that I've built for others.

Solution

mgallo848

Commendable

i5 4690 is old. You would have to find a used motherboard as they no longer make them. Even used, those motherboards sell for a premium.

Only the i5 4690 "k" versions are unlocked for overclocking. A regular i5 4690 for argument sake, can't be overclocked.

How much is the Intel setup costing you and what country do you live in? Maybe someone could price up newer parts for you.