[SOLVED] About hdd

_tafpi_

Prominent
Jul 20, 2019
I just ordered a 250 GB SSD and i wondering if it d be enough for the games i want to download ( fortnite and league of legends) . Will it be enough or should i buy a 1 TB HDD too?

Solution
So i should buy a HDD. Should I put Windows,fortnite and LoL on my SSD? And use the HDD to download music and stuff like that for example..?!
A single 250GB drive is not large enough.
Your second drive can be an HDD or SSD...all depends on your budget.

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
Should be enough, but SSD's are not designed for constant writes. Unlike HDD's, they last only a given number of data written (measured in TBW - terabytes written); after that, chips start not being able to store data anymore.
You can use the SSD for Windows and programs you want to open faster (like video editing software and heavier games) and a HDD for main storage.

_tafpi_

Prominent
Jul 20, 2019
Should be enough, but SSD's are not designed for constant writes. Unlike HDD's, they last only a given number of data written (measured in TBW - terabytes written); after that, chips start not being able to store data anymore.
You can use the SSD for Windows and programs you want to open faster (like video editing software and heavier games) and a HDD for main storage.
So i should buy a HDD. Should I put Windows,fortnite and LoL on my SSD? And use the HDD to download music and stuff like that for example..?!

USAFRet

Titan
That concept is long out of date.

Yes, there is a theoretical TBW limit. But that limit is huge, even the published warranty number.
A typical 250GB SSD has a warranty of 75 TBW.

I have 7 SSD's in my current main system (listed below). Some of those drives have been in constant use for almost 5 years.
All 7 SSD's combined total about 45TBW.

Unless you are writing hundreds of GB per day, every day...SSD wearing out from too many writes is not an issue.

Reactions: sdedu77