About How to Increase the RAM

Avdhoot92

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013
I have A Asus K55VD 15.6-inch Laptop (Smoky Black) - (Intel Core i5 3210M 2.5GHz Processor, 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Nvidia Graphics, DOS) laptop and i have installled windows 7 ultimate in it if we click on properties of My Computer then it shows installed RAM as 8 GB and usable RAM as 3.15 GB i have to increase this RAM to 4GB
or more so how can i do that

Avdhoot92

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013

YA i am having 32 bit operating system but i want to increase the RAM as some of the games are becoming slow due to low RAM usage limit can you Please Help

USAFRet

Titan

You need to change to 64bit. 32bit Windows cannot access that extra ram.

In most cases you need 64bit windows to use anything above 4GB of addressed memory (this includes your video cards's ram, and all other memory addresses for your system's devices like sound card, LAN ETC. hence why you can only use 3.15GB of RAM on your current system with 32bit windows. There may be a way around it with PAE (physical address extensions) but it can be quite a pain in the backside to configure and even then most programs cannot use it properly. Moral of the story is to upgrade to 64bit windows and you will be golden......