Vatanaz

Commendable
Jan 20, 2021
Greetings!
I apologize if the question is not in the appropriate topic.
And so, I upload the picture to the imgur site, copy the link to it i.imgur....png and put it in the discussion thread of some forum. Then, after some time, I follow the link to the imgur site where my picture is posted and see the following in the upper left corner above the picture: "602 Views • 5d".
So here's the question. How are views counted? 1 ip address who viewed the picture on the forum = 1 view in the statistics?

It wouldn't have anything to do with views on an outside forum. Imgur would have no way of monitoring that unless the site allowed images with code attached to it to be run on their pages and I don't know of any forums that would allow that as it's too easy to inject malicious code that way.

You must have the images you upload to imgur set to be publicly viewable and those numbers are likely the number of people on the public facing side of imgur who've seen the image through random interaction with the imgur website.

Reactions: Vatanaz

Vatanaz

Commendable
Jan 20, 2021
You must have the images you upload to imgur set to be publicly viewable

Hmm, I'm not registered on imgur. I do this, open imgur, click on the "new post" button in the upper left corner, then select the image and upload, after uploading, right-click on the image and select "open image in a new tab", there I copy the link to the image of the next content https://i.imgur......jpg (or .png etc.). Further, I carefully transfer this link to one of the conversations on various forums.

I was hoping that I could peek with one eye at the number of views of my creations by people from the forum branch.😢
I will not be able to live with the information that you have revealed to me. I'll have to get drunk

TRENDING THREADS