Question About liquid cooler

shanchya

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
Guys. Greetings from Bangladesh. I was using Cooler Master V8 GTS with my 8600K@ 4.67GHz for almost a year. Suddenly one of the Fan is making loud sound (broken bearing, I think), and now I must change it, and planning to do it from Air to Water cooling. My choice is (according to my budget) Cooler Master Master Liquid ML240P Mirage. Now I have two questions;
  • Should I mount the radiator on top or in front of my case?
  • What should be my configuration? Pushing out the air from inside or pulling the air from outside?
  • Is Master Liquid ML240P Mirage good? or should I look for something else within tis budget, if so please suggest.
Currently my case is Cooler Master MasterCase H500P, two 200mm fan in front (pulling air into case) and one 140mm fan pulling the air out from my case.
By the way recently I have installed Aorus RTX 2070 Super on my case.
My configuration is;
Core i5 8600K 4.67GHz, TUF Z370, 2x8GB RAM, Aorus RTX 2070 Super, 1TB HDD, 2TB HDD, 512MB SATA SSD, 650-WATT Cooler Master PSU
Apologies for my long post and bad English.

If you are concerned about budget, you could just replace the faulty fan.
If you install an AIO cooler in the front, place fans so they pull air from outside and push thru radiators.
If at top place fans so they push air thru radiator and out of the case, Bot placements have their own pluses and minuses.
That cooler should be fine.

Reactions: shanchya

shanchya

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
If you are concerned about budget, you could just replace the faulty fan.
If you install an AIO cooler in the front, place fans so they pull air from outside and push thru radiators.
If at top place fans so they push air thru radiator and out of the case, Bot placements have their own pluses and minuses.
That cooler should be fine.

Brother, could you please share a link from where i could purchase the fans for my V8 GTS ?

I have the H500P Mesh and if you were to go the AIO route then I would place it at the top and remove the perspex see through piece that is on the top piece.

I have the H500P with a 360mm AIO and have it at the top and I did remove the see through plastic piece at the top and replace with a fine mesh...Great cooling on my overclocked 8700K at 4.9GHz....This way the 2 x 200mm fans can do there job and bring cool air in and the AIO will extract the warm air out of the top...

Brother, could you please share a link from where i could purchase the fans for my V8 GTS ?
It's just an ordinary 140mm, 4pin fan you can get practically anywhere. For original replacement you can contact Cooler master, I believe closest office to you is in India
I just recently go a replacement fan for my CM Nepton for free.

Last edited:
Reactions: vMax

shanchya

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
guys are you sure ? because looking at the shape, i don't think any 140mm fan (with PWM) is going to fit on the space :( , apology , i might be wrong
10-big-coolermaster-v8-gts.jpg

Cooler-Master-Fan-Pro-140-AF-RGB-1.jpg

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Are the fans above the ones removed from the original cooler? It almost looks like 120mm offset but with a 140mm fan on the frame....but only 2 of the 4 mounting holes are present.

Had to Google the Cooler Master V8 - yeah, those look a bit like custom fans and normal 140mm fans are likely not going to work. The question comes down to whether the fans are actually needing to be replaced or not, and if so, it would be a choice around trying to find replacement fans and 'making them work' or perhaps just replacing the cooler overall.