Question About motherboard fan headers.

clickyclick

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
Hi,

So I've just ordered myself a Gigabyte B360 AORUS Gaming 3 Wifi motherboard on a discount and since this is my 3rd time building a computer a have a good idea but not a perfect idea about everything in a motherboard.

I was reading through the motherboard's manual in order to familiarize myself with all the headers..etc.

I have an NZXT H500 case and I intend to install 4 fans in total; 2 in the front, 1 top and 1 rear. This motherboard has 2 system fan headers, 1 cpu fan header and 1 water cooling cpu fan header. How do I go about installing these 4 fans? Is it okay to use the water cooling fan header for one of the front fans? I do also own a Rosewill Case Fan Splitter Cable, PWM Cable Splitter Duplicator, but I've never used one before. Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

clickyclick

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
I've asked a friend of mine regarding fan headers and he told me any fan header should work however it's labelled is irrelevant, so now I guess my question is should I connect my splitter to one of the fan headers and then connect the two front fans to this splitter, will this work?

Sinxph

Reputable
Jan 16, 2017
I've asked a friend of mine regarding fan headers and he told me any fan header should work however it's labelled is irrelevant, so now I guess my question is should I connect my splitter to one of the fan headers and then connect the two front fans to this splitter, will this work?
I’m going through the same thing. Does it work? Connecting two fans to one fan header?