Question About mounting options for Audio+USB front panel

ptTimeBldr

Great
Nov 13, 2022
I've just received an Audio+USB front panel that I ordered. Could I mount it using say hook-and-loop tape/strip, or would this be a bad idea because the soldered connections on the underside of the panel would be directly in contact with the tape?

Lutfij

Titan
Please pass on a link to the panel you're stating. Sometimes aftermarket non branded gear tend to have bad quality wiring or soldering jobs on them making any sort of wire management/manipulation a bothersome affair when the connections are severed. Another point to note, so long as exposed soldering points aren't making contact with a metal panel whereby the contacts are bridged/perhaps inducing a grounding issue, you're going to be fine. If the contacts are not finished properly and puncture the adhesive backing and in turn make contact with a metal panel = bridging contacts, that's where you're inviting trouble.

ptTimeBldr

Great
Nov 13, 2022
Please pass on a link to the panel you're stating. Sometimes aftermarket non branded gear tend to have bad quality wiring or soldering jobs on them making any sort of wire management/manipulation a bothersome affair when the connections are severed. Another point to note, so long as exposed soldering points aren't making contact with a metal panel whereby the contacts are bridged/perhaps inducing a grounding issue, you're going to be fine. If the contacts are not finished properly and puncture the adhesive backing and in turn make contact with a metal panel = bridging contacts, that's where you're inviting trouble.
Thanks for saying I should be ok as long as solder points don't contact anything metal. The panel is this one which was bought on eBay.