Question About my cooler with an i7-9700k i just got

Seacatyew

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
Hey! I recently upgraded my i3-8350k with a cooler master tx3 evo cooler to an i7-9700k and on hwinfo it said my max temp was around 85c and voltage 1380 which I don't think my current cooler is good for. Do you guys have any tips on how I can like lower the voltage or something like that until june 25th when I can finally buy a new cpu cooler ;p i don't wanna ruin my new cpu
Also what temp is normal on an i7-9700k? i was playing assassins creed syndicate when it got up to 85c and it was with everything max

85c is not going to damage anything immediately.

The CM TX3 has 3 heatpipes, one less than the Hyper 212, which may also have some high tenps at heavy usage.

I would suggest that your current cooler simply cant keep up. You could make sure the cooler is securely mounted and fans are at 100%

What motherboard do you have? An undervolt may help.

Seacatyew

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
85c is not going to damage anything immediately.

The CM TX3 has 3 heatpipes, one less than the Hyper 212, which may also have some high tenps at heavy usage.

I would suggest that your current cooler simply cant keep up. You could make sure the cooler is securely mounted and fans are at 100%

What motherboard do you have? An undervolt may help.
msi b360 gaming plus

Hazzahead

Reputable
Apr 22, 2019
The Hyper TX3 EVO is one of the only aftermarket coolers that uses push-pins like the Intel stock heatsink. The push pins may be having trouble supporting the weight of the whole cooler, or you have not applied thermal paste properly.
The Cryorig M9i is a great budget CPU cooler that takes up as much space as the stock cooler does.

Seacatyew

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
The Hyper TX3 EVO is one of the only aftermarket coolers that uses push-pins like the Intel stock heatsink. The push pins may be having trouble supporting the weight of the whole cooler, or you have not applied thermal paste properly.
The Cryorig M9i is a great budget CPU cooler that takes up as much space as the stock cooler does.
That could be a problem, I didn't really have any thermal paste to apply to the new cpu and idk if it's worth buying for it as Ill be getting a new one in a month ^^ But me and my brother had a hard time figuring how to mount in correctly but it did work and it doesn't move when we touched it. It might just be the thermal paste part