[SOLVED] About receving updates for Windows 7 after January 2020

Kasun@FET18

Prominent
Feb 24, 2019
I currently use an older i3 based Windows 7 system for embedded coding. But it's wasting my time because the system itself is very slow. So I'm planning on upgrading to a Z87 based i7 system from January. I'm in love with windows 7 (which many people does) I also plan on continuing with the new system too. But since Microsoft declared EOL, I was wondering if they will delete updates that are currently being issued for systems win 7, after January 2020. Can you guys provide any details over this matter?

Solution
Yes, I use 10 in my main rig. It's just Win 7 is more stable for my "Work".
So you're saying that I'll still be able to get updates for a fresh Windows 7 installation even though they discontinue the product?

You will be able to get existing updates for win 7, but there will be no new updates or security patches after Jan. 2020. So when a new vurnability or exploit will be discovered in win 7(and it probably will) you wont get any fix for it.

Kasun@FET18

Prominent
Feb 24, 2019
Deleting, no. They will not look anymore into new discovered vulnerabilities. I suggest trying Win 10 though. With some tweaks it's more or less the same as Win 7. Microsoft changed it a lot since the first release.
So you're saying that I'll still be able to get updates for a fresh Windows 7 installation even though they discontinue the product?

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019

You will be able to get existing updates for win 7, but there will be no new updates or security patches after Jan. 2020. So when a new vurnability or exploit will be discovered in win 7(and it probably will) you wont get any fix for it.

Reactions: Kasun@FET18
Solution