[SOLVED] About removing screen protector

Mar 22, 2019
Hello all,

Need some help, I applied a plastic screen protector to my laptop screen. Mistakenly I applied wrong one as I had to apply a different quality protector (an anti glare coating one).

So I tried to remove it with normal tape but failed. A friend advised me that if I calmly put side of credit card on one edge of protector, it will be unstick and be removed easily with hand.l afterwards, and it worked. I applied no pressure, just slightly placed credit card on its one end and it came up very easily.

Then I applied new protector... Sometime past, now I am worried if it could have caused some tiny scratches ? Looking for your opinions on this. I checked with torch and can see no scratch with protector on it but worried that it may exist below.

So can carefully removing screen protector with credit card cause any tiny scratches on LCD ? I have seen many shop keepers doing it but my laptop is new so I am very worried.

The type of LCD is anti glare (Which I heard is little bit less likely to get scratches as compares to glossy).

Mar 22, 2019
Scratches very unlikely as screen itself is much harder material than a credit card. I don't see you have anything to worry about.

Thank you for wonderful response, I also confirmed from some experts and they said the same that the screen is harder material than a credit card so its very unlikely. Moreover, on many guide articles I've read the method I used as a proper method to remove protector.

Thanks, will be careful in the future though :)