Question About Same Brand Same Model 2 Different Ram Kits

Apr 8, 2019
www.maxigame.com
Hello,

I have 2 exactly same type kits. Their brand, model, timings, volts etc all the same. I dont have any problem with booting or normal usage, just have a small problem (not always but sometimes) with cold boot. My rams are 3600 Mhz and without manual setting or XMP motherboeard shows them as 2133 mhz. When i enable XMP i can use them as 3600 mhz but then i get cold boot problems. It's not something always happening but i cant say its very rare. When i turn on the computer from the cold boot state simply there is nothing on the screen, then i hold on power button and shut system down completely and start the system again this time i get F1 error which says needed to change my ram freq to 2133 mhz, i can simply hit ctrl + alt + del and restart the computer then it will boot normal in 3600 mhz.

My Rams are G.Skill F4-3600C Trident Z RGB Led DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 64GB (8x8 GB) they 2 different kits 4x8 + 4x8 GB

My motherboard Asus Rog Rampage VI Extreme

So my questions is does it matter how i plug them on the motherboard or is there any way to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

There is simply no guarantee that different kits can be made to work. However you have got them working at 2133, so the question is where do they stop working? do you have XMP speeds below 3600? do they work? If they do, you may only get 3600 to work if you slacken off some of the timings, which ones, no idea.

Reactions: Deepbluen
Apr 8, 2019
www.maxigame.com
There is simply no guarantee that different kits can be made to work. However you have got them working at 2133, so the question is where do they stop working? do you have XMP speeds below 3600? do they work? If they do, you may only get 3600 to work if you slacken off some of the timings, which ones, no idea.

Hello, yes there are other XMP speeds too below 3600 such is 3000 and 3200 but i get same problem. Simply it dont allow me use it without problem above 2133 mhz.

TRENDING THREADS