About screen resolution

samudrapaul071

Prominent
Sep 2, 2017
My monitor is 1360*768.i've got gtx 1050 recently and so bought a hdmi to vga adapter.it is not fitting for my display.but when i start games it is ok.

Solution
This is normal with your type of monitor, that resolution is used for cheaper monitors, and computers have a hard time syncing to them, especially though adapters. I actually ran into this with my parent's TV that runs at the same resolution, using HDMI the image did not fit the screen or scale the image and text properly, using a VGA to VGA connection it was fine.

samudrapaul071

Prominent
Sep 2, 2017

Desktop is not fitting.if i set1360*768 it's getting larger.But if i set 1280*1024 its getting smaller.no problems in game.

Sedivy

Estimable
I'd suspect your hdmi, or your hdmi connectors. Early hdmi did not support any high resolutions. Newer hdmi versions have since been corrected but I don't know how old the hardware you're using is and how up to date are the drivers. Can you connect it to the monitor via any other connection? VGA? DVI?

This is normal with your type of monitor, that resolution is used for cheaper monitors, and computers have a hard time syncing to them, especially though adapters. I actually ran into this with my parent's TV that runs at the same resolution, using HDMI the image did not fit the screen or scale the image and text properly, using a VGA to VGA connection it was fine.

Solution