About speakers...

dudxs

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2002
Hello everybody!
I would like to share my opinion about you "consumer's choices" for Xmas concerning the speakers.
I am pretty tough on selecting my speakers since I use my computers as much for work but also for leisure (Games, DVDs, MP3s, mixing...).
I am surprised that THG didn't mention the Klipsch Pro Media set, since it is, to me, the best high end speakers for PC. Although the price is a bit high, their values exceeds the amount in quality. I wonder if I am alone to think that!?!
Hope to see a review on these speakers soon!

'Later!

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
There is quite a bit of subjectivity when it comes to judging speakers. Some people love tons of bass while others prefer sublte, higher tones to come through more clearly. It also depends on what you're listening to. If you're listening to rap and playing FSPs with lots of explosions, you'll appreciate a lot of bass. On the other hand, a string quartet requires crisper highs.

My opinion is as follows: Considering one can do so many things on a PC I like to have balance. I need tons of bass, good mids and highs. I crank up Motorhead, play FPSs and watch DVDs. I own the Klipsch Pro Media 5.1's coupled with the Hercules Game Theater XP and am extremely satisfied. Each are worth every penny.

Previously I had the Altec Lansing ADA70 and I really liked them. The Klipsch blows them away. The only thing that I noticed comparing the two is that the Altecs had better highs. In all other catagories the Klipsch wins hands down.

I believe also that when you're building a system you should not skimp on the more durable items such as speakers and monitors. These are things you are going to have for a long time. It hurts when you plunk down the dough but the way I look at it, you won't have to upgrade for at least 5 years. I've had my monitor since 1997! I'll probably have the Pro Medias for at least that long.

Hopefully THG will do a high-end speaker shoot-out. And no, you're not alone.

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.