[SOLVED] About the HDD...

Svage

Prominent
Jan 23, 2020
Hello, i am having troubles with some PC crashes while playing games like; RDR2, GTAV, Rust ETC. Recently bought a brand new 850w GOLD PSU so i don't think it is about the PSU. A friend of mine suggested me to try HD Tune and i run some tests on it. Here i am gonna ask if the crashes about HDD or not. So, number of unstable sectors are 8. And i am gonna upload a picture of Erorr Scan down below. Ty for repplying! BTW When a game crashes i hear an endless sound like the sound of game is glitched or smt.
JV0gZQ.png

Last edited:
Solution
The drive has suffered an 'event' that could indeed be the cause of your symptoms.
8 sectors have failed and data was not recoverable (Offline uncorrecable)
8 sectors had issues reading and have been scheduled to be re-tested by the drive (Pending Sectors Count)
You have no Reallocated Sectors which are failed sectors where data was successfully recovered and moved to spare sectors.

Personally I would be shopping for a replacement but If you are on a budget then keep an eye on those 3 Data fields. If they start increasing then your drive is definitely on the way out. Sometimes they can continue to work without other sectors failing, sometimes they can't.

As always, important data needs to be backed up to other devices even if the...

popatim

Titan
The drive has suffered an 'event' that could indeed be the cause of your symptoms.
8 sectors had issues reading and have been scheduled to be re-tested by the drive (Pending Sectors Count)
You have no Reallocated Sectors which are failed sectors where data was successfully recovered and moved to spare sectors.

Personally I would be shopping for a replacement but If you are on a budget then keep an eye on those 3 Data fields. If they start increasing then your drive is definitely on the way out. Sometimes they can continue to work without other sectors failing, sometimes they can't.

As always, important data needs to be backed up to other devices even if the drive is brand new.

Solution

Svage

Prominent
Jan 23, 2020

As always, important data needs to be backed up to other devices even if the drive is brand new.
Hey, ty for your answer. I hope those crashes are caused by the HDD, I am gonna buy a brand new HDD in the upcoming week. Btw, is WD any good? or should i go for Toshiba or Seagate? (I'll buy a SSD for windows later on)

popatim

Titan
Personally I prefer WD's for their easy RMA process, though I freely admit that I haven't had to warranty one in a very long time. Have several 2, 4, & 8tb drives.

I've also had good results with Toshiba but this was when their drives were made by Hitachi. Their RMA process is a nightmare for the Hitachi drives now that they have been split off as their own company. I have not used any of their new line of products but they do seem to get good reviews. Currently have two 4tb and one & 5tb drives

I've had decent luck with Seagate's as well, they are just more difficult to recover from so I avoid them except for backup use. Currently I only have two of each 3TB & 8TB drives.

In any case, I would recommend avoid drives with 256mb of cache. They seem to be SMR drives and are not good for performance systems.