Question About the laptops of Colorful.

Oct 9, 2022
So I was thinking of getting a new gaming laptop and came across the Colorful X15, its an offer I cant not look at as its considerably cheaper BUT can i trust this brand, ive never heard of it and all the reviews on YT are chinese. So if its trusted i might buy it, let me
know if I should go ahead with it or find a slightly worse laptop for the same price but it’s completely trustworthy.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I was thinking of getting a new gaming laptop
What is the make and model of your current laptop?

I'd invest in an established brand. Colorful aren't exactly experienced in this front and as such there's a high possibility that you're going to end up being the guinea pig to their mistakes. Lack of BIOS updates being one of them. Drivers you can source from chip/platform maker's support site but BIOS is something someone else won't offer, only the maker of the device. The fact that you might be seeing a price that's unbeatable could be owed to the fact that no one's buying them and the seller needs to clear their inventory.

Oct 9, 2022
My current laptop specs are: GTX 1050, 8GB Ram, i5 8th Gen, 1TB HDD and 60hz. Yes ik its ancient, which is why im looking for a new one. Now that i think about it, youre completely correct, I dont think i should buy a laptop that isnt already well reputed. The laptop i was looking at is the HP Victus 15, the i5 12th gen variation with a GTX 1650. It perfectly fits my budget. Although the max my budget goes till is 830$