About the Review of Thermaltake View 71 and space for a radiator question

shaolin95

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2004
Hello!
I am confused about this part of the review
"Regardless of how Thermaltake reached the View 71 TG’s full-tower height, it certainly has full-size depth. Around 19.8” of internal depth makes enough space for an EATX motherboard and a drive rack in front of it and even a 42mm radiator in front of that. "
Does that mean that between the HDD rack and the front of the case, there are 42mm of space where I could fit an AIO radiator? Or am I misunderstanding the information?
I need this crucial piece of information to decide if I buy this case or not.
Thanks!

racksmith101

Respectable
The drive cages can be repositioned towards the motherboard, there are a series of slots in the inside panel allowing you more room for a front mounted rad, the fans then fit between the metal frame and the dust cover. It's a huge case and weighs a ton even when empty! But it's incredibly configurable and has plenty of airflow, my ryzen 1600 oc'd to 3.9 on a 240mm aio never gets over 57c when maxed out.

xxxlun4icexxx

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
Also just a note, E-ATX mobos fit but it will cover part of the cable management grommets in the middle of the case.

To be honest you're best bet will probably be taking out the drive cages. Unless you have a bunch of HDDs you can make them fit elsewhere and this will improve the airflow from the front. But if you do be careful not to strip the screws holding them in. I accidentally did and had to drill it out, was a big pita.

As to your question I want to say they mean between the motherboard and the drive cage. I could be wrong though. I think most people just remove the hard drive cages and put their radiators and fans up against the panel where the cage was. At least that's what all the google images look like, or they put a large reservoir where the cage was and radiator on top.

shaolin95

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2004

Oh yeah unfortunately I have 8HDDs of which at least I need to keep 7.

Maybe I should just keep my outdated looking HAF-X with 932 side panel as finding a case that fits my needs is becoming pretty hard lol
I mean, I think the Fractal R6 fits my needs but thermal performance is lacking. The be!Quite 900 rev2 is one that could fit at a price that is...

shaolin95

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2004

Can you measure how much space there is between the HDD rack and the front for me please?
BTW, thermaltake support finally replied to me and they insist there is no way for me to install any radiator there unless I remove the HDD rack. Gotta love it.