[SOLVED] About the RGB/led headers on the motherboard

Feb 6, 2020
I'm pretty new to computer building but this headers confuses me so hard to the point I'm having a mental breakdown

here's my questions

1. there's a header labled jled on a motherboard what are those? and what are the things I can plug into it
  2. I'm looking at my motherboard box and i saw something like 2 x 5050 RGB led strip 12v connectors what are the things i can plug to those? does it mean i can only use it to plug led strips? btw the motherboard is msi b450 gaming plus max
  3. are the jled header and 5050 rgb led strip header the same?
  4. what to plug to 5v rgb header and there's 12pin rgb header as well which things makes more confusing
  5. what are the cables mods i can use for those headers

sorry .. I'm just a completely noob guy when it comes to rgb headers

that's all @_____@

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. Make and model of your motherboard? Better yet, include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard: msi b450 gaming plus max
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

include the fans and all the LED components you'd like to connect to the system.

According to the motherboard manual, page 37, the JRGB headers only support 12v 5050RGB components with a maximum run of 2meters.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. Make and model of your motherboard? Better yet, include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard: msi b450 gaming plus max
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

include the fans and all the LED components you'd like to connect to the system.

According to the motherboard manual, page 37, the JRGB headers only support 12v 5050RGB components with a maximum run of 2meters.

Solution