About The Siam 7x, A Dark Horse Dual-Screen Smartphone From Out Of Nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaidax

Distinguished
Way too expensive for what is effectively a gimmick.

If the specs were at least decent it could be okay, but really 720p main display and terrible low end CPU? It's fine for $150 phone not for $400-500 one.

At the very least should have given in full HD main screen, really.

I hope at least base storage is decent, if it's 16GB then it's a joke.

You can have a kickass ASUS phone for like $300 with 64GB storage, 4GB RAM, good display and powerful CPU. And there is a whole torrent of kickass flagship killers much cheaper than this phone, I just have no idea how they intend to sell this thing for $550 - drop the earbuds and drop the price to $250 and you can have some deals, but I guess that would be selling at loss after 3 years of development.

What ever happened to color Mirasol displays on phones? I get that it would be a nitch market as it would not do video/animation very well, and would likely lack a back-light... but it would be so cool to have a static color display on a phone that takes next to 0 power. Would be great for people who spend lots of time outdoors, or who want a phone with all week battery life!
Also, isn't there a color e-ink display available for manufacturers too? Kinda surprised we do not see that out in the wild yet either.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
Doesn't help or fix anything, little value. Only valuable thing is for ebook readers not to bring another device with them. Yet, reading on a such a non-tablet screen might be on the small side.

hannibal

Distinguished
This could provide superior usage time, when using the e-inc side of the phone, and the normal side is used when the speed is essential. So this could be the most useful phone, for those who need very long operation time, between charging the phone.
So for example if you go trekking to the wilderness for two weeks and still want to have smart phone with you, this may be the solution, because e-inc really use less power than normal LCD.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
This could provide superior usage time, when using the e-inc side of the phone, and the normal side is used when the speed is essential. So this could be the most useful phone, for those who need very long operation time, between charging the phone.
So for example if you go trekking to the wilderness for two weeks and still want to have smart phone with you, this may be the solution, because e-inc really use less power than normal LCD.

it effectively doesn't even need to power the screen at all, outside of refresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS